DIY Aromatherapy Lotion Bars!
So what exactly is a Lotion Bar? A lotion bar is a solid lotion. It resembles a bar of soap but acts like a lotion. The bar will stay solid when kept at room temperature or lower. It can be used anywhere on the body. When applied to the skin, body heat will slightly melt the bar.
I am addicted to beautiful smelling things and these hit the spot! Plus, they leave your skin feeling as luxurious as silk!
The recipe combinations are endless! But here is my favourite recipe to use –
- 1 cup of fractionated coconut oil
- 1 cup shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter (or a mix of all three)
- 1 cup beeswax
- your choice of essential oils
- optional: 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oils) in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it.
- Turn the heat on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat, let cool a little, and add any desired essential oils and/or vitamin E.
- Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
- Carefully pour into moulds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in. I use silicone baking cups for easy removal, though any mould would work.
- Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of moulds.
Thank you for stopping by! You are so appreciated!