The Benefits Of Drinking More Water!
Keeping hydrated is crucial for health and well-being, but many people do not consume enough fluids each day.
Our bodies are around 60% water, give or take.
It is often recommended that we drink eight 8 glasses of water per day.
Although there is little science behind this specific rule, staying hydrated is important.
Here are some facts on drinking water
- Adult humans are 60 percent water, and our blood is 90 percent water.
- There is no universally agreed quantity of water that must be consumed daily.
- Water is essential for the kidneys and other bodily functions.
- When dehydrated, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin disorders and wrinkling.
- Drinking water instead of sugary drinks can help with weight loss.
1. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids. Your body is composed of about 60% water. The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of your body temperature.
2. If You Don’t Drink Water, You Will Die. SIMPLE! It’s that important. Depending on our environment, we can live only a few days without water – maybe a week. We can live much longer without food. For most of us, we should prioritise the consumption of water far more than we currently do.
3. Less Joint Pain. Drinking water can reduce pain in your joints by keeping the cartilage soft and hydrated. This is actually how glucosamine helps reduce joint pain, by aiding in cartilage’s absorption of water.
4. It Is Essential For Our Body To Function. As water is constantly circulating through our bodies, it supports the proteins, enzymes and cells, allowing them to function properly. Water also ensures that information is passed from tissue to tissue. And it helps our bodies to flush waste.
One way to give your water a kick is with Essential Oils. But be careful! Not all Essential Oils can be ingested. Always do your research first.
One brand that has approval for ingestion is doTERRA. There is a number (not all!) doTERRA Essential Oils that may be ingested when used carefully.
Among the single oils, doTERRA offers currently, 37 are safe for internal use. Using the oils for internal purposes means that you go beyond putting them on your skin to ingest them for their specific benefits to various organs or cells.
There are several ways to take oils internally; you can cook with them, take them in beverages, or put them in a veggie capsule to swallow.
Some great suggestions (and my favourites!) to use are –
Lemon – cleansing, fresh, detoxifying
Peppermint – fresh, digestion, wake me up
Wild Orange – calm, focus, boosting
Lime – energising, refreshing, clean
Thank you for stopping by, you are so appreciated!
Love, Melissa Health & Wealth