Spearmint Essential Oil Spotlight - Uses & Benefits
Commonly known for its flavour, spearmint is a perennial plant that offers a sweet and minty taste and aroma. For years, spearmint has thrived in the candy, gum, and dental product industries because of its favourable savour and breath-freshening properties.
Spearmint essential oil also promotes fresh breath and is used frequently in cooking and baking to create salad dressings, drinks, desserts, and meat marinades. Aromatically, the cleansing and energising aroma of Spearmint essential oil encourages a sense of focus while simultaneously uplifting mood. Spearmint oil can also promote digestion and help to reduce occasional stomach upset.
Spearmint is very different from Peppermint, making it a milder option to use on children and those with sensitive skin.
doTERRA Spearmint essential oil is both pure and potent. Having a pure and potent oil is important because it determines how effective an essential oil is.
When an essential oil contains contaminants or filler substances or when an essential oil plant is grown and harvested incorrectly, the essential oil is weakened and is less likely to produce quality results.
doTERRA ensures purity and potency of their essential oils with thorough and specific methods. To obtain maximum potency of essential oils, the plant of the essential oils must be grown and harvested in its optimal environment by skilled and knowledgeable farmers.
For this reason, doTERRA employs native farmers from all over the globe to grow and harvest the essential oil plants correctly and in their optimal environments. This process produces potent essential oils that provide powerful benefits.
To ensure pure oils, doTERRA puts each batch of essential oils through the CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® Protocol. This protocol consists of multiple tests that asses the purity of each oil. When oils are found pure, they are then readied to be sold. Through these methods and tests, doTERRA produces potent and pure oils, like Spearmint, that have incredible uses and benefits for all to use.
Spearmint Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
- One of the strongest benefits of Spearmint essential oil is that it promotes digestion and helps reduce occasional stomach upset.* When experiencing periodic stomach discomfort or after eating a large meal, dilute one drop of Spearmint essential oil in 4 fl. oz of liquid and drink. This essential oil can also be taken internally by dropping the oil into a veggie capsule and ingesting.
- Feeling the blues? Try using some Spearmint essential oil to brighten up your day. Spearmint oil consists of chemical components such as carvone and limonene. These organic constituents have energising and uplifting properties. Use Spearmint essential oil topically or aromatically to receive the mood uplifting benefits of these components.
- After reading or studying for long amounts of time, use Spearmint essential oil topically to help promote a sense of focus. Diffusing Spearmint oil will also help promote a sense of focus and will help uplift mood. For the best diffuser results, place three to four drops of Spearmint oil into the diffuser of your choice and enjoy the minty aroma as it elevates your mind and mood.
- Before leaving your house for the day, apply Spearmint essential oil to your toothbrush before you brush your teeth. Once you’ve bushed your teeth, you will be ready to take on the day with fresh breath and a hint of mint in your mouth. Spearmint essential oil is an ideal essential oil to incorporate in oral care routines due to its ability to freshen breath and cleanse the mouth.
- Please your taste buds and your stomach by adding Spearmint essential oil to your kitchen creations. For a delicious, minty flavour, add one or two drops of Spearmint oil into any dessert, drink, salad, or entrée. When added to non-baked or non-cooked foods, Spearmint oil will not just serve as a flavouring, it will also aid in digestion.
Because teas were not taxed by the English around the time of the American Revolution, mint teas became a popular drink in North America. Spearmint was even used as a prominent cash crop in Connecticut during this time.
The Spearmint plant, Mentha spicata, is an herbaceous perennial that is a member of the Lamiaceae plant family. This plant is characterized by its ovate to lanceolate dark green leaves, and its terminal spikes wherefrom grow tiny, lilac, pink, and white flowers. The leaves of this plant can be highly fragrant.
Oils that Blend Well with Spearmint Oil
Cautions for Spearmint Essential Oil
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
Love Melissa // Health & Wealth