Natural remedies for pain relief
If medications aren’t easing your pain, you might be interested in finding alternative remedies for relief. Essential oils may be one natural way to relieve pain.
Essential oils are highly fragrant substances found within the petals, stems, roots, and other parts of plants. They’re typically removed from the plant though steam distillation.
The oils resulting from this centuries-old technique may improve physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing. Each type of oil has its own unique scent and benefits. These oils can be used individually or as blends.
Researchers have found evidence to suggest that certain oils may treat the symptoms of certain ailments, such as:
- sleep disorders
- respiratory problems
When it comes to pain relief, essential oils can help along with conventional treatments.
Chronic pain is debilitating, and can quickly begin to affect all areas of an individual’s life, making it tougher to accomplish typical everyday tasks like exercising, eating healthy, or maintaining good posture.
Whether you work at a desk all day, a construction site or overseas as one of our brave military members, if you suffer from chronic pain, your body will begin to wear out. The good news is that there’s a natural way to put some pep back in your step – through essential oils, which have been used for over 5,000 years.
Copaiba Oil – Used as an Anti-inflammatory & Pain Reliever. It is a beta-caryophyllene, which is an anti-inflammatory agent that also has analgesic or painkilling properties.
How to use Copaiba topically:
- Dilute one to two drops with a carrier oil, then apply to the desired area. Rub in well. Repeat as needed. This is a life saver for the neck pain I get sometimes from sleeping wrong or working at the computer for too long. It feels better in minutes!
- Add 20 drops to a roller bottle and top off with Fractionated coconut oil. This is for adults – use more, if needed, for pain.
- I recommend doTRRA’s fractionated coconut oil as a carrier for topical use and roller bottles. It is non-greasy and doesn’t stain.
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturiser to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes. I recommend doTERRA’s Hydrating Cream, it is my absolute favourite!
How to use Copaiba internally:
- Drop 1-2 drops under the tongue in the morning and evening
- Add 1 to 2 drops to water, juice, or tea daily or as needed
- Add 1-2 drops to an empty veggie capsule
- Take internally to help soothe and calm the nervous system.
- Combine with Frankincense for daily use for optimal health.
Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint essential oil has analgesic, anaesthetic, as well as anti-inflammatory properties, which provide relief for pain (especially migraines), stiffness, and inflammation associated with arthritis.
It is even a great natural oil for weight-loss.
Roman Chamomile – Relieves stress and anxiety and offers anti-inflammatory, relaxant and detoxifying benefits.
Majoram: Helps with aches, pains and muscular cramps.
Rosemary: Keeps the mind alert and can help with muscle soreness.
Thyme: Fights fatigue and can help with rheumatism.
Wintergreen – This oil is made by steam processing of warmed, water-soaked wintergreen leaves.
The leaves and oil are used to make medicine. Wintergreen leaf is used for painful conditions including a headache, nerve pain (particularly sciatica), arthritis, ovarian pain, and menstrual cramps.
Along with these six, there are also some other useful oils to use –
For more information on how to make up your own mixing bottles, contact Melissa.
Love Melissa, Health & Wealth X