How to make Passionfruit and Lemon Oil Curd
I can’t claim this delicious recipe as my own, it is actually a Nigella Lawson recipe that I have added on my own fragrant twist.
Curd can be made with many different flavours, but this one I chose as I had a big stash of freshly picked passionfruits from my parents home. But you can try this recipe with lemon alone, or lime, orange, anything!
- 11 passionfruit
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 drops of doTERRA Lemon Oil (or to suit taste!)
- Put the seeded pulp of 10 of the passionfruit into the processor and blitz just to loosen the seeds. Strain into a jug or bowl.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a heavy-based pan, and when melted stir in the sugar-egg mixture and the passionfruit juice, and keep cooking gently, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Off the heat, whisk in the pulp – seeds and all – of the remaining passionfruit, let cool slightly, then pour into a 350ml / 1½ cup jar. Keep in the fridge. Use on pancakes, cake, bread, muffins or alone!
Thank you for stopping by! If you would like to find out how you can purchase your Essential Oils at wholesale, please contact Melissa!
Love Melissa Health & Wealth